Child care expenses deductible,Married filing separate and Head of Household

We are both filing "married but separate". We are separated but not yet divorced and being difficult. I have custody of one child. Can I deduct formal child care expenses?
========================================= MODERATOR'S COMMENT: Since you are married, not filing jointly, the only way to claim child care credit is if you file head of household. This means you and your spouse were separated the entire last 6 months of the year, and you lived with at least one of your children, who you qualify to claim as a dependent, most of the year, and provided most of the child's household costs.
Reply to

BeanSmart website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.