Do I have to collect Canadian GST?

An organization in Ontario wants me to come up and teach a one day
class to its staff. I live and work in New York, so I'd drive up the
night before, teach the class, and come home. Do I have to charge and
remit GST (actually HST?)
Looking at the CRA web site, it appears that I'd be a "small supplier"
since they would pay me a lot less than the $30K threshold. Is that
right, or am I missing something?
It wouldn't be the end of the world to register for GST, and I suppose
I could reclaim the HST on the hotel, about $20. But it's a hassle
I'd rather avoid if I can.
John Levine,, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Please consider the environment before reading this e-mail.
formatting link

Reply to
John Levine
If your gross income from the business is less than $30,000 CDN in the current and previous three quarters, then you are a small supplier. However, I believe they include your US sales in that gross income test. Why not call the CRA at International Tax Services office for an answer? See this link
formatting link
Reply to

Site Timeline Threads

BeanSmart website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.