How to properly report 1099 MISC

I have filed my taxes but I was hoping to do it myself using TurboTax. I ended up going to a local tax preparer. Any way, my problem was entering my wife's 1099 MISC, she received this income pretty much as a contractor on top of her current wages. The way the preparer ended up reporting it was in schedule C (form 1040). When comparing this to TurboTax, it has listed the 1099 MISC, Schedule C- EZ, Schedule C. Are all these necessary?
Can you guys teach me how to properly report this so that next time I can just use TurboTax? Thanks very much!
Daniel A.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
"dman81" wrote
Income from self-employment, even if not reported to the IRS via a 1099-MISC, gets reported on Schedule C for most business activities. Schedule C-EZ is for self-employment type income with less than $5k of expenses.
You can use either form, but you don't need both for the same business activity.
Also, the net profits will flow to a Schedule SE.
Paul A. Thomas, CPA
Athens, Georgia
Reply to
Paul Thomas, CPA

BeanSmart website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.