foreign shares question.

Hopefully someone can point me to a web page where I can find this
out, or maybe this group can answer my questions.
I have some shares in my company which is based in Germany which are
currently being held by the Company.
Apart from selling the shares, I now have 2 options.
1: Transfer the shares into a nominee service held with a bank acting
as a bare trustee. the shares will be held in the form of Crest
Depository Interests (CDI's).
2: Transfer my shares to my personal custody account. (which I dony
actually have at the monemt!)
I dont really understand fully either of these options, and am hoping
for some guidance so I can make my decision.
Reply to
Loading thread data ...
I'm not sure of the exact mechanism, but I too have shares in a company (a former employer) listed on the German Neuermarkt. My employer and their bank at the time took care of the transfer to a personal account with DLJ Direct (who were then bought by TD Waterhouse). Once TDW introduced "idle account" fees a couple of years later, I took care of transferring them myself to comdirect.
Have a chat with comdirect.
HTH, Alex.
Reply to
Alex Butcher

Site Timeline Threads

BeanSmart website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.