Qualifying income for pension SIPP contribtion

I closed my compamy down as I am now 90% retired, but still do a little work. I simply send the companies concerned an invoice with no VAT charged (I de-registered) in my personal name not previous company name. I will decare it as untaxed income on my tax return.
Does that income allow me to make a SIPP contribution of that amount (assuming greater than the 3600 gross that everybody can do without justifying income)?
Thanks, Fred
Reply to
AIUI you want to
a. put the income in the box for "Other taxable income" on your return; but b. claim it as relevant UK earnings for pension purposes.
If so the problem is I'm not at all sure it is relevant earnings unless it is profit from a trade/profession/vocation. (I assume there is no question of this really being a succession of employments.) And if it is a trade etc yielding a profit of >3,600 it begs the question why you haven't filled in the self-employment pages.
If you have passed State Pension age so NICs are not an issue then HMRC may well not care. I don't know current practice. You could ask them if noone comes along who does know.
Reply to

BeanSmart website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.