I will soon be 70 1/2 and I will have no need for my Social Securty RMD income.
Is it possible, like I think to be true for an IRA RMD, that I can request a direct SS payment to a recognized charity. Then, I will have no IRS SS income to report?
If the answer SS is "Yes", then I assume that my total charitable RMD contributions (SS & IRA) are limited to a net $100k?
Reply to
You cannot donate your SS benefit directly to charity to avoid recognizing it as income. Only IRA RMDs are eligible for Qualified Charitable Donations.
Ira Smilovitz, EA
Reply to
ira smilovitz

BeanSmart website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.