Lasting Power of Attorney question

I have the two LPAs for my mother which are both registered and I am the sole attorney, is there some way to add my wife as a reserve attorney?
Reply to
Peter Wells
I think one can pretty safely say no, even without being a lawyer.
I assume that your mother has lost capacity and is unlikely to regain it. If so, I'd suggest that you get everyone who was notified on the registration and is still of sound mind, including yourself, to sign a document recommending your wife. That may carry some weight when the receiver is appointed.
If your mother is still able to express views, getting a professional with expertise in her problem to try to elicit that opinion, may also carry some weight.
Reply to
David Woolley

BeanSmart website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.