Include Merger Documentation with Return?

I owned stock in a private company that was acquired by a public company.
I took an 83(b) election on the stock when I received it so I can now pay only long-term capital gains on sale of the stock.
Do I need to include any statement with my tax return to indicate that the stock I sold was received as a result of this merger? Or does the IRS not care, so long as I declare the proper basis for the stock?
Reply to
On Apr 4, 10:33 am, DaveR
No, you don't have to send in anything. I trust you sent in the election within 30 days of receiving the stock. Keep the documentation about your election and the stock merger in your files, and if the IRS asks for it then send it.
Reply to

BeanSmart website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.