W2 income in 2013 (but lost job) - would like to create savings plan to defer part of W2 income

I lost my job but will be getting past deferred compensation from prior years in
2013 - around $50k - and I will be getting W-2 statement next year.
Is there a way to create savings plan (solo 401k / SIMPLE / other) which could
reduce my W-2 taxable income mentioned above ?
Any thoughts would be appreciated
Reply to
If it's on a W-2 you cannot do a SIMPLE. Can you ask them if they can deposit up to 17.5k into your traditional 401k? If you are 50 or older make that 22.5k. I have no idea if they will do this if you are not working there, but never hurts to ask.
Reply to
remove ps

Site Timeline Threads

BeanSmart website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.