Reducing Tax In The Previous Tax Year

Just completing my 2016/17 tax return. Due to some sizeable sales =
bonuses I got toward the end of the tax year I find I now owe HMRC a few= K =
for the 16/17 tax year=E2=80=A6. I am employed. Are there any (obviously= legit) =
options open to me for Reducing the Tax In The Previous Tax Year by =
something I could do this year? I heard EIS=E2=80=99s (not vct?) can do = this=E2=80=A6 =
though the fees / risks might not be worthwhile? I presume pension =
contributions etc cannot be back dated?
Thanks for any thoughts M
Reply to

actually pension payments can be back dated for tax purposes
or at least that used to be possible
you may find it more work that is worthwhile though
Reply to

thanks I think pension allowances can be carried forward ... but I don't think they can be backdated (or at least anymore if they used to be able to?) ?
Reply to

BeanSmart website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.