Can I void a payment?

I recently had an employee apply a payment incorrectly, and was wondering if it was possible to void the payment and start over. I know that I can do
an adjustment to the account, but then it will show up on the customers statement. Is there a way to void/delete the payment.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file
Upload is a site by and for consumers of financial services and advice. We are not affiliated with any of the banks, financial services or software manufacturers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.

Tax and financial advice you come across on this site is freely given by your peers and professionals on their own time and out of the kindness of their hearts. We can guarantee neither accuracy of such advice nor its applicability for your situation. Simply put, you are fully responsible for the results of using information from this site in real life situations.