All cash merger, owned less than a year

Due to a merger, I received all cash for stock I held less than a year. Is there
any way to avoid short-term treatment of gain by re-investing?
Reply to
99.99% of the time, "No" is the right answer. There is an exception for a Section 1045 rollover from qualified small business stock into another qualified small business stock if the original stock was held for over 6 months and the new stock is purchased within 60 days after disposition. Definition of qualified small business stock is at Section 1202.
Reply to

Site Timeline Threads

BeanSmart website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.