Found at:The problem noted in that discussion has been present since the first day that rental property features were added to Quicken.
The problem is a flaw in the design/maintenance of Quicken created rent reminders. I would not hold my breath waiting for Quicken to fix the problem. Fortunately, no fix is needed.
The way to overcome that problem is to delete the Quicken created rent reminder (from Tools > Manage Bill & Income Reminders) and manually create a rent reminder.
A manually created rent reminder should specify:
- a Next Due Date that starts with the date needed for the next rent income transaction (as per the Add/Edit Tenant dialog in the Rent Center), with an interval equal to the rent interval specified in the Add/Edit Tenant dialog in the Rent Center
- a payee name exactly equal to the tenant name
- a category that has a schedule E rent income tax line assigned (Rent Income: Rents Received works, for example)
- the rental property tag for the property the tenant is renting
- an amount equal to the rent amount recorded in the Add/Edit Tenant dialog in the Rent Center
- the Quicken account where the rent is to be deposited
The Rent Reminder should be entered by:
- clicking the Enter button on the property in the Rent Center
- clicking the Enter button on the Reminder on the Bill and Income Reminders tab below the Quicken rent deposit account
- clicking the Enter button on the Reminder in Tools > Manage Bill & Income Reminders
[Do not try to use Add Transactions > Enter Rent in the Rent Center.]
- posted 6 days ago