Using "find" in both the register and "write checks," I checked
for a payee without success (Q DLX, 2006). There is a check to that
payee in the register-I found it by doing a category report. Does
anyone know why this would happen and/or if it can be fixed?
I did a fairly quick test of Find All in the register, Find in
the register, Find in Write Checks, and Find from the Edit >
Find & Replace menu. Found every payee I searched for. I don't
recall anyone else mentioning having this problem.
Perhaps you had some unprintable character(s) in the payee name
which prevented a match; you could try blanking out the entire
payee name in the transaction, entering the name again, and
doing another find. Also double check the report you ran and be
sure the payee you found there was in the same account where you
did the finds.
Curious. I tried it again in register, without success. Then tried it
in write checks, with success! Then back to register, with success!
Previously, Quickfill wasn't working, now it is. It's not like it's a
complicated name--Oxfam, and it's a function I use all the time,
although this may have been the first attempt with 2006.