I need accounting software that will allow me to print and give
customers a sales receipt (NOT invoices!) in order to print or email
(email order confirmation)?
The type of business I am starting is catalog and e-commerce.
I will have local customers who will need a receipt because of local
sales tax laws.
I can't seem to find any software that prints receipts.
Please help me!
Thank you. :-)
If you want an accounting program that will do credit card receipts, cash
receipts, along with invoices and statements, you fill find it at this link:
You have probably never heard of Visual Bookkeeper or A-Systems, but the
software has 30 years of development behind it, thousands of customers, and
one of the things going for it is that it is not QuickBooks or one of the
"popular" accounting programs found at places like Sam's Club, Costco, or
your nearest department store. What it has going for it is that:
1) The software is an accounting program with a checkbook function in it,
not a checkbook program with accounting added afterwards. It has accounting
as its main function, not an afterthought.
2) Second, payroll tax tables can be updated by you. Your payroll does not
become dysfunctional when the IRS changes the tax tables. This saves you
money every year.
3) The payroll can reduce your workers comp costs, depending on how many
workers comp rates you use. Some companies have saved so much money on
workers comp that they have paid for the software 25 times per year.
4) Training comes with the software, free of charge, in multimedia training
5) The software is expandable, so that you are unlikely to outgrow it,
adding what you need when you need it.
6) There is a version with job costing, ideal for contractors, also
software that a contractor is unlikely to outgrow.
7) The SBA purchased a copy of the construction version for every SBA
office in the US.
8) The software contains a getting started wizard to help you get started.
9) There is a built in Contact Manager, free of charge.
10) The software was designed to be easy to learn.
11) The training includes a course in accounting that is used in
12) The software has an audit trail that is bullet-proof. This discourages
13) The software costs less to purchase, run, and update, should that be
14) The software does not need a CPA to set it up for you.
15) Tech support is in the US, not India or someplace where English is a
second language or spoken with an accent that is almost unintelligible?
16) Tech support staff answer questions, they do not read prepared answers
17) Novice bookkeepers can successfully run the software.
18) In order to compete with the biggest software companies, A-Systems has
had to provide superior software, charge less for it, and provide better
This is a summary of what people report when they move to either A-Systems
JobView or A-Systems Visual Bookeeper.
Sorry, I don't understand your question. Could you clarify?
Note to readers of this posting: I have wondered if you can print
receipts in the basic versions of Peachtree or Quickbooks.
I am speaking of the under $200.00 packages.
I also need the ability to export to txt, html, or pdf to send order
confirmations to my customers.
Any thoughts? Please help me.
Thanks to everyone in advance! :-)
BeanSmart.com is a site by and for consumers of financial services and advice. We are not affiliated with any of the banks, financial services or software manufacturers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
Tax and financial advice you come across on this site is freely given by your peers and professionals on their own time and out of the kindness of their hearts. We can guarantee
neither accuracy of such advice nor its applicability for your situation. Simply put, you are fully responsible for the results of using information from this site in real life situations.