And then the program shuts down. The batch goes through all the steps of closing, except no receipt is ever printed. When trying to reprint the Z report from the journal, this error pops up:
"An error occurred while trying to print to the specified printer. Please make sure that you have a printer installed and that it is properly configured."
This did not happen at all until a few days ago. You can print old Z reports from before the error started happening and you can print any receipt, just not these last few Z reports. I took a copy of their database back to our shop and set it up here and was able to replicate the error on a Windows 7 machine with a new printer. I tried reindexing and checking the database and I then tried upgrading the software to the latest service pack but nothing worked.